Queensland has added two new Virgin Australia flights to its growing list of Covid exposure sites.
Passengers on flight VA924 from Brisbane to Sydney, taking off at 8.05am on Saturday June 26, and flight VA957 from Sydney to Brisbane, taking off at 3.56pm on the same day, are now considered casual contacts of a confirmed case.
The news comes after Queensland recorded three new locally acquired cases on the first day of a three-day lockdown.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk plunged parts of the state into lockdown after a 19-year-old woman who works at the Prince Charles Hospital and was unvaccinated was added to the case list.
The woman was infectious in the Sandgate community for 10 days and also travelled to Townsville and Magnetic Island.
Health authorities have urged Queenslanders who visited any venue on the close contact list to get tested and quarantine immediately.
A number of venues were added from the woman’s holiday destinations.
The urgent alert comes after warnings were issued for multiple flights and a public toilet in Ban Ban Springs, north of the Sunshine Coast, on Monday evening.
People who travelled on specific Virgin flights between NSW, Queensland and Melbourne last week have been deemed close contacts and told to immediately quarantine and get tested.
The flights include VA939 from Sydney to Brisbane on June 25, VA334 from Brisbane to Melbourne on June 25, VA454 from Darwin to Brisbane on June 25, VA517 from Sydney to the Gold Coast on June 26 and VA524 from the Gold Coast to Sydney on June 26.
Close contact exposure sites:
- Virgin flight VA939 from Sydney to Brisbane on June 25, VA334 from Brisbane to Melbourne on June 25, VA454 from Darwin to Brisbane on June 25, VA827 Melbourne to Sydney on June 26, VA517 from Sydney to the Gold Coast on June 26 and VA524 from the Gold Coast to Sydney on June 26
- Virgin flight VA369 from Brisbane to Townsville on June 24, 10.10am – 12.15pm, Virgin flight VA374 from Townsville to Brisbane on June 27, 1.18pm – 2.55pm
- Rebel Sport, Chermside Shopping Centre, June 28, 3.20pm – 3.35pm
- Footlocker, Chermside Shopping Centre, June 28, 3.20pm – 3.35pm
- Country Road, Chermside Shopping Centre, June 28, 3.20pm – 3.55pm
- Athletes Foot, Chermside Shopping Centre, June 28, 3.55pm – 4.10pm
- Shaw Park Tennis Centre, 128 Shaw Road, Wooloowin, June 28, 4.20pm – 4.40pm
- Woolworths Sandgate, 8 Lagoon Street, Sandgate, June 20, 11.20am – 12pm
- Marlin Bar, 3 Pacific Drive, Horseshoe Bay, June 24, 6.15pm – 6.30pm
- Barefoot Art Food Wine, 5 Pacific Drive, Horseshoe Bay, June 24, 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- Peppers Resort (front reception, coffee stop), 123 Sooning Street, Nelly Bay, June 25, 11am – 11.15am
- Magnetic Island IGA, 147/153 Sooning Street, Nelly Bay, June 25, 3pm – 3.15pm and June 26, 3pm – 3.15pm
- The Bay Health Club, 231A Flinders Parade, Sandgate, June 20, 3.10pm – 4pm
- Townsville City Markets, June 27, 10:45am – 11:15am
- Brewery Cafe, Townsville Airport, June 24, 12.20pm – 1.20pm
- B’s Salon and Barber Shop, 3/20-28 Oneills Road, Willowbank, June 25, 4.50pm – 5.10pm
- Drake Supermarket, 44 John Street, Rosewood, June 25, 5.20pm – 5.25pm
- Main St, Pacific Drive, Horseshoe Bay, June 25, 5.30pm – 6.30pm
- Thai Again restaurant, 56 Yates St, Nelly Bay, June 25, 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- Cotton On, DFO Brisbane Airport, June 19, 4.10pm – 4.30pm
- Brisbane Portuguese Family Centre, Ellen Grove, June 22, 7pm – close
- McDonald’s Glass House Mountains, Coochin Creek, June 22, 5.45am – 6am
- Good Life Gym Fortitude Valley and Homemaker Fortitude Valley, June 22, 7.30am to 9.45am
- Miracle Worker Massage & Holistic Therapies, West End, June 22, 9.30am – 5pm; June 23, 10am – 5pm and June 24, 12.15pm – 5.30pm
- Anytime Fitness Hamilton, Hamilton, June 22, 4.15pm – 5.15pm and June 23, 4pm – 5.30pm
- Coles Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, Indooroopilly, June 22, 6pm – 6.45pm
- Domino’s Pizza, Sunshine Homemaker Centre, Maroochydore, June 22, 9.35pm – 9.40pm
- McDonald’s Glass House Mountains, Coochin Creek, June 23, 6am – 6.15am
- Goodlife Health Clubs West End – West Village, June 23, 5.15pm to 7.15pm
- Ampol Petrol Station, 132a East-West Arterial Road Hendra, June 24, 6.55am – 7.15am
- Zarraffas Coffee Hendra, 538 Nudgee Road or 100 East-West Arterial Road, Hendra, June 24, 6.55am – 7.15am
- Hendra Post Office, Hendra, June 24, 7.10am – 7.30am
- Guzman y Gomez, Shop 1/18 Stamford Road, Indooroopilly, June 24, 7.45pm – 8pm
- Chez Nous Cafe, 160 Roma Street, Brisbane City, June 25, 8.15am to 8.30am
- Market Organics, 10/620 Moggill Road, Chapel Hill, June 25, 9.10am – 9.45am
- Commonwealth Bank, Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, June 25, 9.55am – 10.25am
- JB Hi-Fi, Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, June 25, 10.10am – 10.25am
- Unhas Chic Salon, Brisbane City, June 25, 12.30pm – 4pm
- Woolworths Metro Teneriffe, June 25, 1pm – 1.15pm
- Merlo Coffee, Level 2, Virgin Food Court, Domestic Terminal, Brisbane Airport, June 25, 1.55pm – 2.15pm
- Female toilets, left of Virgin Food Court, Domestic Terminal, Brisbane Airport, June 25, 2.05pm – 2.15pm
- Woolworths GasWorks, Newstead, June 25, 2.55pm – 3.10pm
- United Petroleum Warwick, 86 Wallace Street, June 25, 5.30pm – 5.45pm
- Female toilet between Gate 38 and Gate 39, Virgin Terminal, Brisbane Airport, June 25, 7.20pm – 7.30pm
- Woolworths Oasis (Broadbeach), The Oasis Shopping Centre, 75 Surf Parade, June 26, 1.30pm – 1.55pm
- BWS Bottle Shop, The Oasis Shopping Centre, June 26, 1.40pm – 2pm
- Coffee Cart, Barge Ferry, Magnetic Island Ferry Terminal, Nelly Bay, June 27, 9.50am – 9.55am
- Flinders St Markets, Townsville, June 27, 10.30am – 12pm
Access to the full list of exposure sites is available here.